Wednesday 28 November 2012

Encaustic Art

Hi everyone,

This week I wanted to show you another craft I really love and that is Encaustic Art. Encaustic Art is painting with an iron and wax blocks. You can't use your normal house hold iron, its best to have the correct iron to achieve the best looks. What I love about this art, is that you don't need to be an artist to achieve wonderful unique abstract paintings. for more information check out www.encausticart.com Below are a few picture's that I made into cards to help inspire you.


Starter set without the iron


A5 card
Everybody See's these picture's differently
you could have them landscape or portrait

A5 tent card
Again to me this looks like a mystical landscape,
although I never set out to paint a landscape
Even my boyfriend had a go, this was is first ever painting

                                                            Thanks for looking craftyem x

No comments:

Post a Comment