Sunday 12 June 2022

Handmade Water Shaker Card

 Hi Everyone, 

This week I have made a card for my nieces 5th Birthday using the Polkadoodles Mermazing and Starfish and Sandcastle digital kits.

This card is the most tricky card I ever done and to be honest I dont think I would make another in a hurry!!

Because my niece really loves mermaids I though the water shaker card would work very well. 

I started by creating the base card in my Silhouette studio software, once that was done I had the bright idea of cutting the number 5 out of an A4 laminating pouch. 

When this was cut, I got my food vacuum sealer machine ( a kitchen toy that only got used a couple of times)........I then went on to press the edges to seal the number, this worked great on the straight edges but didn't work great on the tricky curves. 

Then I come up with the idea to buy a handheld food sealer to finish the laminated number off. 

Once most of the number was sealed I then mixed up some cheap blue hair gel, glycerin and glitter I then inserted the mixture using a medicine syringe into the number.    

At first it looked like the handheld food sealer worked well but then just as I started to mount the number on the card.....dissaster happened and the number began to leak.......

I quickly got some glue and glued as much as I could this stopped the leak, but for how long I dont know.

Unfortunaly this will be look with your eyes and dont touch card, which is a shame as the reason I wanted to do this technique was so it could be touched and played with. 

I am going to enter this card into the following challenges: 

https://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.com

https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com

https://digichoosday.blogspot.com

 

Water Shaker Card Measures Approx 11" x 8"

Images From Polkadoodles Mermazing & Starfish & Sandcastles Digital Kit

Lots Of Decoupage Layers & Glitter

As Always Finished With An Handmade Box

Thanks for looking craftyem x


 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Jane, it was headache to do, but now it is finished I am pretty pleased with it x

    ReplyDelete