Wednesday 5 September 2012

My first post - For you Blue



Hi everyone, my profile picture is my bullmastiff Blue, unfortunately he died in march 2011 he was only 7 years and 7 months old.  As you can imagine I was deeply upset, so I thought I would cross stitch his photo. Cross stitching the photo really helped with my grief, and I was so pleased with the result. I started cross stitching years ago now and that's what got me into cardmaking. Hope you enjoy the pictures.






Finished cross stitch, I stiched it on 18 count aida, it has over 29000 stitches and it took about 6 weeks to complete.
 I was very lucky to have my picture shown to Jane Greenoff on Create and Craft and she loved it, I was over the moon with my 15 minutes of fame.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Luckily Blue left me a beautiful son, Red, I don't know how I would have managed without him, He is about 8 weeks old in the picture but he is nearly 7 now!
 
Thanks for looking craftyem x

No comments:

Post a Comment